Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Killing time

Hey ya'll. I'm not doing much since my better half is out at rehearsal and I'm bored out of my brain. I read the paper today and the news is really depressing. That bitch of a hurricane caused a lot of damage down south. I saw the pictures of the Big Easy and I still can't believe that 80% of it is underwater. That can't be right. I read that the "resident" President is keeping an eye on the relief efforts already underway. The other eye is on the profits he's making on the recent oil price increases. Yesterday, gas right by my job was 2.70/gallon. This morning, it was 2.78/gallon and by this afternoon, it reached 2.83/gallon at the same station!! Are these gas prices or the Stock Exchange updates? Of course not, because the Stock Market moves up and down (mostly flat nowadays) while the gas prices only go up. Remember the good old days when Dollar Bill was running the show and gas prices were at an average of 1.15/gallon nationwide? I don't care if he had a line of interns waiting to "serve there country" outside of his office, at least there were jobs and I could afford to drive my gas-guzzling, four-wheeling, deer-stomping SUV without taking out a loan. Not that I would ever hit a deer or that I ever went four-wheeling, but at least I could afford it back then. Now, Jack in the Box is considered fine dining in my household! Let's make an Ammendment to nix the whole two term limit thing on Presidents and re-elect Dollar Bill to another term. Hell, make it two 'cause we've got a lot of Bushit to undo and one term might not be enough to reverse the damage. All blue-collar folks would definitely be happier. Think of the strippers, people! Nickels and dimes hurt you know. Hi-Lo

No comments: