Friday, September 02, 2005

New millenium, same old game

Hey everyone. If ya'll are like me, the central thing on your minds is the Katrina aftermath. My mind is scattering all over the place all day long thinking/hoping/praying for the folks down south. One thing I do have to get off my chest right now. I was reading The Power Journal blog and Waset brought up a very valid point; why is it that media choppers can fly overhead and zoom in on the panties at a celebrity wedding and they can't do anything for the refugees? You mean we can film the tragedy but we can't save those affected by it? The world has hit rock bottom when the color of people's skin and money determines the level of response in a disaster. Like the people in Mississippi said, they don't want the President to come there, they want the FEMA trucks to come there. Hot air don't do a damn thing to save anyone, but food and water sure does. And, by the way, have you noticed how they keep talking about the lawlessness in New Orleans and nowhere else? My wife knows folks around the area and they made it clear; it's not anarchy!! The media is trying to scare rescuers into not going there and letting the people suffer. Why? So they can plummet into armageddon and do themselves in. Have you also noticed how they've said the French Quarter is a loss just like everywhere else, but have you seen it on TV? No, because it's not lost and the white folks there are still on Bourbon Street partying like it's 1999! In fact, I read a Miami Herald article that said they were back at it the day after the hurricane. Oh, don't get me wrong, they took a hit, but the locals said it was nothing compared to Mardi Gras. Like my Mom always said," If the milk stinks, it's bad." Same old story. Hi-Lo

No comments: