Sunday, January 29, 2006

Advice

Hey ya'll. Ever notice how people give you advice whether you want it or not? I'm a person who constantly gets bombarded with this. Most of the time it's obvious stuff that any person with a functioning brain would know, but sometimes there's a golden nugget in the dirt. Since I look a lot younger than my age, anyone over two years older than me has to tell me some tidbit they think is need-to-know. I'll admit, I'm guilty of dispensing some knowledge of my own but only if a youngster asks me for it. I find that many of the youths out there are wandering the Earth with a serious deficit in the useful knowledge department(notice I said useful). I am not one of these poor souls who have trouble with something as simple as telling time on anything that isn't digital. Yes, kids, there was a time when people looked at the clock, saw two hands and a bunch of numbers and knew what time it was. Anyway, getting back to the subject, I was given some advice today by a co-worker about what women really want from us men before anything else. He said that a woman wants to know she can be safe in your company and be your friend before she considers anything else. This is something my wife told me a while back so I'm inclined to believe there's truth in it. Good advice or bad advice? Although I already know this, and the subject came up while discussing someone else, I'd have to say this is good advice for the brothers out there reading. It does seem elementary, but there are many young and old cats in this world who don't get it. I'm not a pimp, or even an assistant pimp, but I am comfortable around women and my experience tells me that they are more receptive when they don't feel like they're in the company of a stalker. Translation; don't approach a woman like you're a pimp and she owes you money. That goes double for brothers with a few nickels in their pocket and a car note! Another thing; if it's too easy, you don't want it! Matter of fact, RUN IN THE OTHER DIRECTION!! If not, you too could be the winner of a baby's momma. You'll be standing at freeway offramps with a cardboard sign asking for change. And remember, 18-to-life doesn't just apply to prison. You could even win a psycho, hiding in the bushes just waiting for you to come home every night! Also, there is a difference between ghetto girls and the dreaded hoodrats. If you know what they are, you know the difference and the last time I checked, D-Con and Raid don't do a thing to hoodrats. Hi-Lo.

No comments: