Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Who said what about Kobe Bryant?

Once again, I'm here. The good news is that I'm blogging at a later hour because I have the night off. The bad news is that I'm not feeling very well today. I haven't eaten much all day since my stomach is bothering me. I went to the farmer's market in town and was surrounded by food that smelled so good even the barbecue smelled like dessert! Don't you just hate it when there's all this great food nearby and you can't eat because you're sick? And , of course, that's when the food commercials come on every thirty seconds. Right about now a cracker sounds like filet mignon. Still, despite my ill condition, it's nice to have a day off. I was checking my e-mail today and one of the sports headlines said that Vince Carter thinks that Kobe Bryant's 81 point game the other day set a bad example. What kinda crap is this? Is someone jealous that he hasn't scored that many points in a game? I saw the highlights and if Kobe hadn't carried his team, they wouldn't have won. Considering Vince Carter admitted to giving less than his best effort while "playing" for the Raptors, I didn't give the article a read beyond the headline. Say what you want about Kobe, when he plays, he brings it all EVERY NIGHT. When you're team is shooting with no ammo what are you supposed to do? Fake an injury and watch them suffer? Oops, I guess that's been done. Call us when you got a ring or three Err Canada! I would respect it if it would have came out of Allen Iverson's mouth. Why? Because rain or shine, blizzard or earthquake, sprained ankle or broken ass, AI shows up, all 165 ounces of him. Yeah, I'm a disappointed Laker fan since Shaq left town, but I'm going down with this ship and if Kobe has to score 80 for us to win, I say drink your Gatorade and fire away young fella! Hi-Lo.

No comments: