Friday, January 27, 2006

Red eyes

Well, I'm sitting here emptying my thoughts on the screen at this hour because I got off work two hours ago and I can't sleep guilt-free unless I've fed my blog. It's part of my New Year's Resolutions, in case ya'll are wondering. I swore I would write everyday, as a writer should, on paper or screen. I didn't specify what I'd write, just that I'd write something everyday. If you don't see a post from me for a day, chances are I did my daily writing in one of my notebooks instead. You know, not everything you write should be seen by everyone. Some stuff I write shouldn't be read by anyone but me. I tend to go off about things that mean nothing to ya'll and everything to me. I don't want to waste your time because I know that when we surf the Net, our attention spans are microscopic. Most of you who read my thoughts here are probably frustrated by the same issues that bother me. As a writer living on the broke side, I force myself to find the good in my everyday life since I see so much ugly in the world. True, I'd be a lot happier with a bigger bank account, but until I get there, I'm going to continue this daily writing therapy to get me through. If pride wasn't such a big deal to me, I would sell that fluffy writing to pay my way. I just can't do it! I'm not the Blue Eyed Sellouts. I want my writing to mean something; to make people think, to inspire, to touch lives, to be remembered for more than the money I made off it. So, if you're looking for me to write and put a blonde out in front of me to help me blow up, think again. I don't hate white, I'm just down for the brown, in all of it's beautiful shades, because that's what I am and that's what I know. Anyone who questions that definitely isn't feeling me. Yeah, I'm a funny person most of the time, but I can be real serious when necessary. I have a lot of thoughts streaming in my head all of the time and writing is what keeps me from overloading. I believe if more of us picked up a pen instead of a gun, we would deal with people better and our situations would improve. As you read my words this year, you will see my life change for the positive. That's the reason I do this. If you're feeling my words, holla. Hi-Lo.

No comments: