Saturday, January 28, 2006

A reason to write

I know some of you probably think I'm crazy since I went off for what looks like no reason yesterday, but we've all had days when we had to get something out of our systems. I find that when I get these things out of my head and onto some form of written communication, I feel better all around. Like I said, not all things I write are fit to be read by the world so I put the stuff here that doesn't sound like the ramblings of a madman. Yes, I do get more enigmatic than the words you see here lead you to believe. I did speak to one of my co-workers today and I found out that I'm not the only one in the workplace who spills out thoughts on paper just because. It always amazes me when I find out someone, who I never expected, is a closet writer. All I could do is encourage him to keep writing down his thoughts everyday, as he's been doing for years, and something good will come of it. It doesn't matter if it's ever published. Just the practice of doing it is enough because you find out so much about who you are and what kind of person you were at one time, sometimes in disbelief of what you wrote so long ago. That's what he conveyed to me and it reaffirmed what I have known for some time about why I write. It's the biggest reason to write; for yourself before anyone else. Hi-Lo.

No comments: