Friday, January 20, 2006

Doing some research

Hi everybody! Once again I've been neglecting my little blog for a few weeks, but one of my unwritten resolutions for this year is to keep spilling my thoughts here daily. As for today, I've been around the Web doing some reading about improving my writing skills and getting paid to be a scribe in '06. One thing I don't like is the idea of flogging. For those who don't know, that's when a blog is nothing more than an advertisement for a product or products for money. I simply won't put anything on this here blog hawking products simply to get paid. I don't think that's what this is all about and there are other outlets for that kind of activity. Yes, I do have bills to pay, but there are more honorable ways to go about meeting those ends. Hell, I'd rather write cookie-cutter romance novels than push stuff I don't believe in on my blog. To me this is my own little ranting board and I like to provoke thought, not a mindless buying spree. It's all about expanding your minds. That being said, if I do tell you about something I find helpful, you can be sure of three things; 1) I have tried that product, service or website, 2) I truly believe in that product, service or website and 3) I didn't get paid anything, not a piece of lint, to tell you how good it is. Also, I won't bash any products on this blog. If it's useless, I won't waste energy on it and it will eventually be discovered by all that it's useless. Don't get nervous everyone. If ever I tell you about anything worth mentioning, it will be rare. Just know this about me; my writing comes first here and with that comes my opinions of the world. Don't ya'll just love the Internet? I did find some very helpful resources today. I won't go on about them here right now because I've already been running off at the keys for a minute, but I'll tell all about it tomorrow. Later. Hi-Lo.

No comments: